Gifts For Special Occasion and Cosmopolitan Anniversary

PhotobucketI can remember certain milestones in my life.  When I was old enough to go to school, then high School, my 20th birthday, getting married and the birth of my kids, these are all special occasions.  I remember my special birthdays and those of my friends and family (unlike my husband, who remembers the kids but always forgets mine).  Well a 40th birthday is rather special, we used to consider reaching forty years of age was being over the hill or teasing our friends about it.  So to get that perfect gag gift I took a look at 40th birthday ideas at Spencer’s Gifts store and there are a lot of great gifts in there.  I particularly liked the 1972 trivia playing cards and the Mini Book, these are both great ideas for my sister.

I am sure that many of my readers are familiar with the magazine Cosmopolitan.  But did most of you know that Cosmo celebrates its 40th year  this year?  What would you get a magazine for its 40th birthday?

That aside, Cosmo has been around longer than I have.  I am not a real women’s Libber, I am more of a traditional woman believing in the traditional family and have my own values, but there are good articles in Cosmo that I enjoy.  So if I were to get a Spencer’s gift for the publishers of Cosmo, maybe I would get them a Miss Birthday Girl sash or maybe just an a I’m Forty spinner button.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... [ Tagged In ] , , ,

11 Responses to “Gifts For Special Occasion and Cosmopolitan Anniversary”

1. lovemindanao says:

Life starts at 40 and worthy of throwing a little bash of celebration …i hope to reach that age in a good health .. that ‘s all i can ask .

2. che says:

really? i didn’t know Cosmo is in the industry that long.. I seldom read their mag but when I have the chance I do read them. Their topics are interesting.

3. marri says:

As the famous saying goes… “Life begins at 40” and it’s true because I already passed that age but I feel like I’m more aggressive and spirited. We have to feel young at heart all the time.

4. Franc Ramon says:

As they say, life begins at 40 and it’s definitely a milestone that needs to be celebrated.

5. Indeed life begins at forty and it is the age that we already know what we really want in life. I do now and I am pursuing it. Those are nice cards by the way. Wish I have one too =)

6. I used to think that being 40 was being ancient. Now I know better.

7. Josie says:

A big congratulations to Cosmo for reaching this far, big achievements all these years!

8. Jhoveleen says:

Congratulations to Cosmo’s 40th achievement in their field! It is indeed a big accomplishment!

9. … and here I am, still not believing that time will come I’ll turn 40 too!!! Ohhhh Emmmmm GEEE!!! Congratulations to Cosmo! love that mag!

10. This is really amazing, hon Cosmo remains popular these days. Congrats!

11. Nancy says:

to always feel young is the key. i have my mind set to that and will keep it that way, ha-ha!