Nostalgia # 4: When He Was Gone

On May 11 marks my father’s death anniversary, I am not sure what we are going to do, I may go to the church for prayer service during mass. It has been 23 years since he died and I still could not forget the night he was gone. I so long to visit him at the hospital but they said 9 years old or younger are not allowed in the hospitals.
When my sister arrived from the hospital, she cried. I knew then what happened because even before she arrived, I already have premonitions. I was eating my dinner in a distant relative when suddenly I saw a scene, they were crying so hard and I saw some rushing then all of a sudden I screamed so hard that was the time I called my Dad!
My grand mother came in rushing to the kitchen, she asked me what happened. I could not even say a word to her; I looked at her so distant. I didn’t answer her. All I could utter at that time was my Dad.
During the last mass, when the priest asked us to gather in front of his casket, I saw my sisters crying. When I looked the people at my back, I saw my Dad; he was looking at himself inside the casket. He looked at me so sad, I know he was not ready to leave us yet, I know he wanted to comfort us right at that very moment.
To my Dad, we always missed you, even though how many years had passed that you were gone, we never forget you. Thank you for the care and the love that you showed us, you are always in our heart.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

16 Responses to “Nostalgia # 4: When He Was Gone”

1. STEF says:

My dad's bday was last May 2, he's with our Lord for 27 years now. I think by simply offering a mass and prayers will be enough. Hope you can drop by my site and check out my post too. Thanks and see you around!

2. Spanish Pinay says:

Wow. I was moved with this post and I had chills running down my spine. I'm sorry for your lost. It's been a while but it is perfectly understandable that you still feel that way. Cheer up though, as he's in good hands I'm sure.

3. Mona says:

My father passed away 3 years ago i'm missing him already.

4. texas_sweetie says:

hala really day? kita ka niya apil sa mga katawhan ga lantaw sa iyang patay nga lawas. kahadlok?? wala ka nahadlok? mao jud na greatest fear naku oi losing any member of the family or someone close to me jud d jud ko kadawat cguro ug maohon…

Wow, your Dad must love you so much that he was so sad leaving… Nangingilabot ako Anne. May your Dad finds the peace up there.

6. gengen says:

Memories talaga hmm….From Nostalgia..

mine is here

7. I Love-Hate America by Bing says:

My Dad passed away 21 years ago na rin. Your dad must love you very much that he had to show himself to you to let you know that he's just there.

8. Lainy says:

May his soul rest in peace, Anne. This post made me remember my own father. It's been 9 years since he's gone. I am feeling sad thinking about him but I know he is in a better place.

My Nostalgia entry is Here:

9. simply kim says:

that really was sad.. reminds me of my own father's passing almost 7 years ago. sometimes, it's not idea of 'going' that gives us much pain, but the truth that we will never see our loved one again that hurts most..

visiting from My Neighborhood..

10. kat says:

gamay pa diay ka nawala imo papa Anne…naa pod diay ka 3rd eye…naa koy 3rd eye Anne, makakita ko basin unsa pero naanad naman ko…adtong una kay mahadluk ko, karon di na, sukad nga giingnan ko nga naa diay ko 3rd eye…

11. vernz says:

awwww…. so sorry to hear that girl… sige lang ana sila.. that is part daw of the big circle of life… we'll soon get there and reunited… agi ko for nostalgia.

12. carinamodella says:

oh, my mom's death anniversary is month of May, too. i can relate to your story anne. i miss my mom so much!

13. jeng says:

My father passed away in 2004 and I still miss him. There were a lot of momentous occasions in my life that how I wish he was a part of it. May you find comfort that he is now in God's loving hands.

this is very touching post…thanks for sharing gurl.

15. Mel Cole says:

nakaka-tindig balahibo naman tong post mo Mam Anne. It's already almost 2 AM here and I still have to finish my nostalgia hop. Hu! I am sure he is happy now where he is Mam ANne. Just keep on praying for him and God will do the rest. Have a great weekend.

16. sHeNgKaY says:

wow! my third eye ka sis!
    from nostalgia visiting..