PBWeekend : A Quiet Celebration

Last Saturday, my sister and a friend told me that they will be celebrating their Fiesta, I thought the celebration would be same as before, which every house has grandest foods in the table but I was surprised that it turn out to be a quiet Fiesta. It is not that I felt dismay or something, I just felt so anew that the people there are not celebrating anymore, good thing that the church still held mass to thank our Almighty for giving the village a bountiful blessings. On the other hand, showing our sincerest thanks is not only through the foods that we prepare in the table but our heartfelt prayers that even how strong the trials we are encounter each day, we are still holding on and that is because of HIM.
My sister cooked foods only for us though at dinner, and she also made a fruit salad, the all time favorite for everyone. Since the neighborhood was so quiet, I just instead took some pictures of my little Faith and her new found friend in the village.

My entry for :

Photobucket

20 Responses to “PBWeekend : A Quiet Celebration”

1. VanillaSeven says:

That pictures are so nostalgic. I used to have that ride when I was a kid 🙂

2. Grampy says:

Sometimes a quiet day with family and or friends can be very rewarding all in itself.
    I love that first picture of the kids.

3. ShutterHappyJenn says:

Same here… when I was young fiesta was a bit grand and people would prepare for it, but now it seemed to be a very ordinary day.

My PBWeekend entry is posted HERE. May you have a great week ahead!

agoy ka cute aning duha….hehhehee…mau kay nay naila si Faith…ulitawo pa jud…ehehehe…joke…murag mingaw ang pista da…joke!

5. simply kim says:

i love FIESTAS myself. i miss the times when i was young in the province and join in the parades and processions to celebrate the feasts of our patron saint. nice post!

6. kat says:

bitaw Ann oi…sa kalisod sa panahon, di uso ang bonggang fiesta…Mass na lang ang importante karon para pasalamat.

Thanks sa dalaw and comment hehehe

That's what I like to happen in our place sis kasi doon pabonggahan ang handa kesehodang mangutang, which is so wrong.. Lovely photos.

@ Vanilla Seven thanks for the comment yeah but I don't have a bike though wahh my parents has no extra money for those wahhh

exactly grampy, just two foods in the table are alright though as well you are together

@ shutter your right girl, but nowadays it was just an ordinary day, but good thing that our church still celebrated and offered a mass for the fiesta although wala na ngang masyadong handaan hehehe

as in Dhemz mingaw jud kau nalingaw na lang ko faith sunod sunod sa ulitawo hahahha

@ Simply Kim yeah we used to also have procession before when I was like 5 years with my sister, that was when we were still living somewhere in Surigao del Sur

13. jellybelly says:

How nice that your lil girl found a playmate. Pero baligtad ata, lil girl pushing the lil boy 🙂

@ Kat grabe bitaw panahon ron girl ang uban man gani silingan nakalimot kay fiesta diay sa ilahang village wahhh

@ rose yan naman ang nd pwede hehehe kasi pd naman mag celebrate through attending mass if we dont have money for foods right? just a prayer and be thankful to GOD enough na yun celebration na yun

@ jelly mahiyain kasi si lil boy hehehe

17. Clarissa says:

I love fiestas too pero siguro naghihirap na ang mga tao ngayon–yung iba nga nangungutang pa para lang merong maihanda di ba?

Thanks for dropping by dear^_^

18. SASSY MOM says:

Fiestas are something I look forward too when I was a kid.. but I guess because of the times a lot has mellowed down. But you're right, a thanksgiving mass is the perfect way to give praise to our LORD for all the blessing we have received.

Pixelbug weekend

@ clarissa ay sinabi mo pa girl, hehehe pero ok na rin kahit walang handa basta magkakasama lang hehehe

@ Sassymom correct girl, kahit walang handa basta magkakasama lang ok na yun