My Niece has this journal from school that I borrowed recently. I found the “Did you know that” portion of their magazine interesting. I am not sure if you already knew or maybe you are already aware that…
- The oldest insurance company in the Philippines is the Insular Life Insurance Company. It was established on November 25, 1910. It was also the first to introduce an insurance school in the Philippines in 1953.
- The first time a Filipino ever used a chair was in April 1521 when Ferdinand Magellan gave Rajah Humabon a red, velvet Spanish chair. According to Halupi, a book of essays on Philippine history, early Filipinos used to sit on the floor.
- If all the moisture in the air were condensed or gathered, it could add three more inches of water to the Eart’s surface.
- Boulder City is the only city in the state of Nevada, where gambling remains illegal. The city was originally created to house workers for the Hoover Dam project. The government did not want the workers to waste their time and money, so gambling was prohibited.
- For every gallon of seawater. there is at least a quarter-pound worth of salt in it. Seawater is 3.2% salt. So far every liter of seawater, there are 32 grams of salt.