Well, sit back and relax as I will share the recipe for today which you can buy the ingredients so economical.
Pesa is fish soup traditionally cooked using dalag or mudfish, but the delicate flavor of tilapia also goes well with the gingery broth of this dish.
1 small head of cabbage
1 bunch pechay
5 cups water
1 inch-long piece of ginger,
peeled and pounded
1/2 tablespoon while peppercorns
1 tablespoon fish sauce
3 medium potatoes, peeled each cut in half
1 kilo tilapia, each cut in 2 pieces
- Wash the vegetables. Slice the cabbage into quarters. Cut off the roots of the pechay. Set aside.
- In a large soup pot, pour water. Add ginger, peppercorns, fish sauce and potatoes. Bring to a boil and cook for three minutes.
- Add cabbage and pechay, and gently put the pieces of tilapia on top of the vegetables. Cover. Simmer for 12 minutes.
- Make Tahure Sauce in 1 tablespoon hot oil, saute 1 tablespoon minced garlic, 1 diced medium onion and 2 diced tomatoes. Add 2 pieces of tahure, crushing it with a wooden spoon. Cook for a couple of minutes.
- Serve tahure as dipping sauce.